* New blog alert! Filipino children's book author/illustrator May Tobias-Papa has a new blog, Little Wishing Star. May is charming, her work is charming, and her new blog is charming. Ch-ch-check it out!
* The Philippine Board on Books for Young People (promoters of literacy, the love of reading, and children's books in the Philippines) also has a new blog. Be sure to watch that space!
* Korean American children's and young adult author Paula Yoo is a guest blogger over at angry asian man. She gathered several librarians for a roundtable discussion on Asian American children's and young adult literature. EPIC.
* During the Manila International Book Fair last week, I gave a presentation on blogging about children's and young adult literature. =D
* ETA: And ooohhh, check out this site. It "contains reviews, articles, interviews, recommendations and blog posts related to: books and multimedia (in the English Language) for Muslim children and young adults (Islamic as well as some general fiction and non-fiction) . . . tips and issues surrounding reading, books and literacy"!
Celebrate the Life of Peter Sieruta - Celebrate the Life of One of Children’s Literature’s Luminaries: A Peter Sieruta Event Friday, June 28th, 4:30 p.m. The Lake Erie Room at the Hilton Chicag...
18 hours ago