1. HEIGHTS’ KUWENTONG PAMBATA call for entries is open to students, faculty, and alumni of the Ateneo de Manila University except for the panelists and Editorial Board of Heights.
2. The entry of not more than 500 words, either in English or in Filipino, may deal with any subject but it must be appropriate for the grade-school reading level of children ages 7-12.
3. The entry must be in either Rich Text Format (.rtf) or in a Microsoft Word Document (.doc), double-spaced on 8.5” x 11” bond paper, with a one-inch margin on all sides. The font to be used may be Arial size 11, Times New Roman size 12, or Calibri size 12.
4. A separate document must include the following: the author’s name, pseudonym, a photo (preferably 1×1 or 2×2), a write-up about the author in 2-5 sentences, and the story’s synopsis not exceeding 100 words.
5. The English entries must be attached to an e-mail sent to email@example.com with the subject head KUWENTONG PAMBATA on or before September 30, 2012.
6. The Filipino entries must be attached to an e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject head KUWENTONG PAMBATA on or before September 30, 2012.
7. Any lack of required information means failure of submission and the work will not be deliberated.
8. One (1) entry for both English and Filipino will be selected as finalists.
9. Between the two chosen finalists, only one (1) winning entry will be chosen for publication as the KUWENTONG PAMBATA 2012. The said entry will be published as a children’s book, with illustrations and layout by the Art and Design staff of Heights.
10. For further inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com with the subject head KUWENTONG PAMBATA.
Welcome! Asia in the Heart, World on the Mind is about:
* children's and YA books set in Asia * children's and YA books with Asian characters * children's and YA books with characters of Asian descent * Asian children's and YA book authors and illustrators * children's and YA book authors and illustrators of Asian descent
Reader. English teacher. Blogger. Editor. Lives for entertaining, intellectually stimulating, emotionally stirring, spiritually enriching, compelling, and engrossing narratives. Believes in The Grand Metanarrative.