The Philippine Board on Books for Young People (PBBY) is now accepting entries for the 2014 PBBY-Alcala Prize.
The winner shall be given a cash prize of P25,000.00, a gold medal, and an opportunity to be published. Prizes will be awarded in an appropriate ceremony to be held during the celebration of National Children's Book Day on July 15, 2014.
1. The contest is open to all Filipino citizens except those who are related to any PBBY member up to the third degree of consanguinity.
2. Entries must be based on any of the following, all honorable mention winners of the 2014 PBBY-Salanga Prize:
"Ang Misay sa Aming Bahay" by Susan Anne Alegro Quirante
"Gaano ba Kalayo Patungong Paaralan?" by Genaro Gojo Cruz
"Reyna Elena" by Michael de Guzman
3. Copies of these stories may be requested from the PBBY Secretariat or downloaded from the PBBY website.
4. All entries must be original unpublished illustrations that have not won in any previous contest.
5. All entries must consist of three (3) illustrations that are of the same size and medium. Entries do not have to be based on consecutive spreads/parts of the text.
6. A contestant may send in more than one (1) entry.
7. Each entry must be signed by a pen name only, preferably on a small piece of paper pasted on the back of each artwork. Entries with a signature or any identifying marks are automatically disqualified.
8. Together with each entry, contestants must submit a separate envelope, on the face of which only the pen name of the contestant shall appear. The envelope must contain the contestant's full name, address, contact numbers, short description of background, and notarized certification vouching for the originality of the entry and for the freedom of the organizers from any liability arising from the infringement of copyright in case of publication.
9. All entries must be sent to the PBBY Secretariat, c/o Adarna House, 109 Scout Fernandez cor. Scout Torillo Sts., Quezon City by April 14, 2014.
10. Winners will be announced no later than May 12, 2014. Non-winning entries must be claimed no later than June 13, 2014, after which they will no longer be the responsibility of the organizers.
For more details, interested parties may contact the PBBY Secretariat by calling 352.6765 or emailing pbby [at] adarna.com.ph.
April 14, 2014 (5:00 p.m.)
Review of the Day: Wolf in the Snow by Matthew Cordell - Wolf in the Snow By Matthew Cordell Feiwel and Friends (an imprint of Macmillan) $17.99 ISBN: 978-1250076366 Ages 4-7 On shelves now It’s hard to pinpoint ...
6 hours ago